Got plans for the weekend? Now you do. Here are 5 things to check out in Southern York County.
5. Place bids on indoor and outdoor furniture, sheds and crafts at The Markets at Shrewsbury’s 14th Annual Spring Auction. The rain-or-shine auction starts at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, April 2, and lasts throughout the day. Catch a preview from noon to 7 p.m. Friday, April 1. The Markets at Shrewsbury is at 12025 Susquehanna Trail, Glen Rock.
4. Scope out new store Tumbleweeds, which is hosting a grand opening Friday, April 1, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The shop sells upcycled, rustic and vintage items; regular hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. The store is at 12121 South Susquehanna Trail, Glen Rock. To access the parking area, enter at The Markets at Shrewsbury.
3. Pick up fresh flowers at Cross Creek Farm, when it opens for the season Friday, April 1. Spring hours (through June 28) are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. Cross Creek Farm carries perennials, annuals, hanging baskets and more. They also offer custom-designed sheds and wedding ceremony decoration services. Cross Creek Farm is at 3921 Krebs Road in Glen Rock.
2. Decorate a weatherproof stepping stone and raise money for Dog’s Day in the Park at a class Sunday, April 3, from 2 to 3 p.m. The $35 class, hosted by Candi J. Duda Stained Glass and Garden Art at 43 N. Main St., Red Lion, includes a pre-cut glass pawprint and a variety of pebbles, sea shells and glass gems, to create a one-of-a-kind, weatherproof stepping stone. Find registration information here.
1. Catch a show. See “Pippin” at Susquehannock High School 7 p.m. Friday, April 1; 7 p.m. Saturday, April 2; and 2 p.m. Sunday, April 3. Tickets in advance are $10 for adults, $8 for students and senior citizens, and $6 for children younger than 10. Tickets at the door are $11 for adults, $9 for students and senior citizens, and $7 for children younger than 10. Find out how to purchase tickets. The high school is at 3280 Fissels Church Road in Glen Rock.