So much to do in SoYoCo this weekend! If you need an idea, start with these five.
5. Swing into Southern York County School District Band Programs’ Jazz Fest in the Big Easy. The 16th annual coffeehouse-style event is Saturday at Shrewsbury Elementary School, and will include performances by multiple area schools, plus Baltimore’s The Melting Pot Big Band.
Doors open at 6:15 p.m.; performances start at 7. Desserts will be available for purchase.
Tickets at the door are $10 for adults, $8 for senior citizens and $6 for students and children. Learn more.
4. Check out the classic autos on display at the Motor Menders Rod and Custom Club’s cruise night from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at The Markets at Shrewsbury. But, be prepared, the event often draws a large crowd — you may have to park in the neighboring field. Get the scoop.
3. Also Friday, tap your toes to Freedom Quartet at New Hope (Fissel’s) United Church of Christ. The Gospel group from Tennessee will start the show at 7 p.m. Admission is free, but a love offering will be taken. Refreshments will be provided. The church is at 3426 Fissel’s Church Road, Glen Rock.
2. Kick Cancer at a color run Saturday at Susquehannock High School. The 5K will start at 9 a.m. for adults and teens; a family fun run is set to start at 9:45. Entry fees are $25 for adults 19 and older, $20 for youth 18 and younger. Find more info.
1. Pig out at Glen Rock Historic Preservation Society’s all-you-can-eat Pig Roast Saturday. You must be 21 and older to enter; the menu includes pork, baked beans, string beans, stuffing, gravy, scalloped potatoes, dessert, beer and soda. Doors open at 4 p.m. at Glen Rock Fire Hall, 15-17 Hanover St., Glen Rock; the meal is served at 5 p.m. Tickets are $20 each. All proceeds benefit the Fire Company Star Fund and Glen Rock Street Decorations Committee.