Happy Cinco de Mayo! When you’re done fiesta-ing, check out these SoYoCo events for the rest of the weekend.
5. Enjoy some sunshine (we hope) on Saturday when the New Freedom Farmers Market moves outdoors. Through October, the market will be held every week near the Community Center at 150 E. Main St. Get more details.
4. All aboard the Stewartstown Railroad this weekend while it’s up and running for National Train Day Saturday and Mother’s Day on Sunday. Moms can ride free Sunday. Learn more.
3. Talking about trains, the New Freedom Railroad Station Museum will open for the season on Saturday. Learn more about the history of the railroad and southern York County at this restored station. Its select hours can be found here.
2. Talking about history, think you have an artifact at home? Bring it to Indian Steps Museum from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday to find out what it is, how old it is and what culture it is associated with in our area. Admission cost is $5. Get the scoop.
1. Treat mom to a Mother’s Day Tea at Red Brick Bakery & Tea Room on noon Friday or 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The theme of this year’s four-course tea is stevia. Cost is $26.50 per person; reservations are required. Request your tea time.